DOCUMENTARY WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY AS AN ART FORM
Join us for an intense-packed learning experience for professional wedding photographers. Rejuvenate and jumpstart yourself for the next season, transform your perspective, technical photography skills and business workflow by growing together with us and other passionate professional wedding photographers.
WHERE & WHEN?
Our Home Base studio in the Left Bank Project
February 8, 9th, 10th 2019
3 Training Days + Evening Fun
Limited to the first 12 photographers
Sign up, this is going to be a transformational learning adventure not to miss
Inquire on our contact page and we will help you sign up and hold your spot.
WHAT TO BRING?
Camera, lights, lots of memory, laptop, openness to learn and share with others
WHAT WILL WE LEARN?
Be prepared for our dynamic “Experiential Evolutions.” Dive deep with us into strategies, shooting exercises, participate in debates, critiques, debriefs, tests and transform your knowledge and habits. Take risks, collaborate and grow together with other inspiring photographers. Take your professional and personal growth to the next level by setting yourself up for success. We will share with you everything we know, invite you to examine everything you do (and don’t do). Most importantly, there will be quality time to practice skills and refine perspectives.
We will explore:
– confessions – learning from our mistakes
– strategic gear tools
– high-speed low-drag gear bag
– setting up success
– mastering the basics
– creative shooting catalysts
– how to see light and shadow
– managing difficult light
– all about off-camera flash & video light
– shaping multiple different forms of light
– 15 ways to simplify complex shooting situations
– day & night shooting challenges
– shooting and strategizing an entire wedding
– quick go-to solutions to simplify complexities
– the mental strategy
– camera technical tips & tricks
– how to see like a photojournalist
– experiential portraiture
– abstract compositions
– how to work as a team
– day & night shooting challenges
– post-production workflow – strategic database asset management
– image touchup
– constructive critique / collaboration
– how to present to clients – premiers and product sales
– insight about destination weddings
– strategic vendor agreements
– great product prizes as rewards from challenges
– open Q & A
– fun / enjoy portland lifestyle
– networking and collaborating with professional photographers
Tree and Jos believe in a dynamic approach to education, technology, and creativity. With over 13 years of professional photography experience combined and eleven years of training experience, they bring creative skills and practical solutions to the growth of professional wedding and lifestyle photographers. Tree and Jos’ adventurous documentary wedding photography style has taken them all over the world. Fueled with a passion to learn and grow they are constantly taking photography to the next level. They are conference speakers, contest judges, study with the best of the best, and have won multiple awards in Fearless Photographers, ISPWP, WPPI, and Best of Engagement for Junebug Weddings. Their photography has been published in Rangefinder Magazine, Huffington Post, Junebug Weddings, PDN, Style Me Pretty and many more. Sporting hats, goblets and one of a kind style everywhere they go, their yin/yang relationship make for an exciting and comical dynamic duo team. Jos’ studies of communication at the University of Oregon, experience training for 7 years at Strategic Arts and Sciences and influences in Europe and will be woven into this training. Along with Tree’s leadership, photography experience, coordination and fun factor, this is definitely going to be a memorable and engaging few days.
We will help coordinate lodging for everyone to stay at the luxury boutique Hotel Eastlund in walking distance from our studio at the Left Bank Project. Participants will responsible for travel and lodging costs.
Sign me up!
Inquire on our contact page and we will send you all the details. We can’t wait to meet you!
P.S. Stay tuned to our workshop schedule, we will be announcing more training workshops in inspiring locations soon.